I have been slowly building up a collection of Colourpop products, specifically the Supershock shadows so, I thought it was about time I posted my current collection and let you guys know what I think.
I have also put together a little giveaway of 12 limited shadows, details of how to enter will be at the end of this post.
As some of you will know a lot of the Colourpop shades don’t stay in the permanent line for very long so, there will likely be a few shadows that are no longer available but, I will try to find a current dupe for you.
Onto the swatches and my thoughts on each shadow:
- Puppy Love: A soft peach with pink and gold duo-chrome. This shade is the perfect brow or inner corner highlight for light-skinned beauties as it leaves a lovely sheen to the skin however, as anything more this would be a no go. This was limited edition and has now sold out.
- Catnap: A muted, medium-dark copper with hints of pink and copper sparkle over a metallic finish. Like Puppy Love this is perfect as a highlight for those of deeper skin tones or as a wash of colour but, for anything more than that it’s a no go for me. This was limited edition and has now sold out.
- Truth: A satin neutral light beige. Another lovely highlight shade, this reminds me of a satin version of MAC’s Vanilla eyeshadow.
- Sequin: A metallic copper penny-like shade with mutli-dimensional glitter. Absolutely stunning and beautifully pigmented lid shadow which will work on all skin tones but, super gorgeous on those olive toned girls.
- Brady: A soft matte dusty rose. Beautiful crease colour with insane pigmentation and buildable.
- Static: A pearlized deepened burgundy. This shade right here is one of my faves I use this to create a really deep sultry eye. This shade would work especially well on those with green eyes to really make them pop.
- Vega: A cool-toned taupe gold sprinkled with gold, pink and violet glitter. This would work well as an inner corner and central lid highlight. Only available as part of the All Nighter Quad
- Smash: A neutral satin beige with a soft golden sheen. Great for a wash of colour or as a highlight for deeper skin tones.
- To-a-T: A mid-tone warm brown in a matte finish. A lovely crease shade for those with lighter skin tones. Only available as part of the All Nighter Quad
- Mooning: A blackened plum with a violet sheen. I use this as an all over lid shade diffused into the crease.
- Peekaboo: A warm gold with a pearl finish. Another Highlight shade for the brow or inner corner. This was limited edition and has now sold out.
- Koosh: A warm beige with a frost finish. A lovely summery wash of colour for the lid. This was limited edition and has now sold out.
- Supermodel: A pearlized soft golden ivory. Perfect for all skin tones as a wash of colour or as a highlight for medium to dark-skinned beauties.
- 3: A cool-toned bronze with a flash of multi-coloured glitter. This colour works great as an all over lid colour with diffused crease or as part of a smokey eye.
- Liberty: An ultra-metallic silver. This shadow is like true liquid silver, I haven’t used it for anything other than an inner corner highlight so far.
- Too Shy: A cool blue with a metallic finish. This shade I tend to use as a lower lid shade for a pop of colour.
- Shop: A matte deepened coral. Perfect summer crease shade.
- Fantasy: An electric neon red violet topped with multi-dimensional glitter. Like with Too Shy I use this for a pop of colour on a darker look.
- Mixed Tape: A pearlized taupey grey with silver sheen. This is my go to shadow for my crease on an everyday makeup look.
- Hanky Panky: A light matte warm beige. Another staple crease shade.
- Girly: A pearlized creamy vanilla with a pink and gold sheen. Perfect highlight shade for those with fair skin or as part of a halo eye look.
- Dare: A neon purple with hot pink and violet glitter. I use this as part of a purple smoked out look.
- Slave2Pink: An electric neon pink loaded up with blue, violet, hot pink and silver glitter with an insanely metallic duo chrome finish. A beautiful pop of colour for the lower lid.
- Fizz: A neutral green with a sparkle finish. Along with the other bright colours this adds a great pop of colour to any dark look.
- Friskie: A black with silver and pink glitter
- Etiquette: A Cool Blue with a Pearl finish
- Roulette: A true matte black
- Empire: A warm green with a metallic finish
- Cricket: An icy purple with multi-dimensional glitter
All the above shades I use when creating dark smokey looks.
Onto my thoughts, I love the supershock shadows some are of course better than others but, you will find that across any brand and for the price of $5.00 per shadow it’s a great way to add to your kit or personal makeup collection.
A lot of people in reviews have stated that they find them hard to work with and that they only get a full shock of colour when applying the shadows with their fingers and colourpop does recommend this as the best application. On first application I would totally agree but, having an array of brushes I played around and this is actually untrue there are certain brushes that work fantastically with these shadows and I have listed these below for you with direct links to a stockist.
The reason the above brushes work so well is that they are made from natural hair which pick up and hold the product well unlike any synthetic brushes I used and I used a lot! Using synthetic only brushes gave me absolutely zero colour payoff but, the natural hair brushes worked as if these shadows were like any other pigmented shadow on the market.
Obviously amongst the shadows listed there are some that are just not as pigmented as I would have hoped and need a little help to get them going and to help them along I either used Inglot Duraline or Water.
Overall, I absolutely love Colourpop shadows and will continue to buy from them to add to my collection and I hope that my review may have helped some of you that may have been on the fence about their spoils.
Now for the exciting part the giveaway! To say a massive thank you for all of your continued support over the last few years on my last haul I purchased double of everything so, that I could give one of you guys a little gift, below are the full details of what you could win along with how to enter.
One lucky winner will receive:
- Love Line Quad – shades included are Truth, Sequin, Brady and Static
- All Nughter Quad – shades included are Smash, Vega, To-a-T and Mooning
- Sold out limited edition Catnap
- Sold out limited edition Puppy Love
- Sold out limited edition Koosh
- Sold out limited edition Peekaboo
- You must be a Bloglovin or Email Subscriber and a Twitter follower in order to enter!
- Closing Date is 21st April
- Extra entries can be gained by completing other tasks listed on the rafflecopter widget.
- All entries will be checked and any false entries will be removed
- If you are under 18 please ask your parent or guardian permission to provide me with your address
- This prize cannot be exchanged, swapped or refunded.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from me via tracked mail, should the item get lost/damaged or stolen in transit, the responsibility is with the courier. I am under no obligation to provide replacements however, please contact me so that I can help in this situation.
- The winner will be randomly selected via Rafflecopter and notified via email and twitter.
- If no reply has been received within 7 days from the initial contact, another winner will be randomly selected
- The Prize will be sent within 14 days of the competition closing Open Worldwide
I hope that you enjoyed this post and if you are entering the giveaway good luck 🙂